Saturday, October 4, 2008

wanted: SENSEI... dilemma?

It was a very tiring day for me today, since me and my boy friends, PG Ong and PM Acleta, went to Infotech - Marcos Highway branch to do our much-awaited teaching demonstration to the panel.

Yes... you heard it right... "teaching demonstration"

Translation: we're applying for a position of a 'teacher'... no, a 'lecturer'... 'Clinical Instructor' perhaps... or... nah~!

Honestly speaking, its not included in our 'plan' to be a teacher. Its just that... practically speaking, we really need a JOB! A job that will help our parents to pay a less on the monthly bills, to have our own money (goodbye BUM life), and hello! what month are we in?! its October! After a few months, its Christmas!

*looks @ wallet* cRAP! (>_<)/* But anyways, the teaching demo was alright. We presented our lessons uniquely to our 'class' composing of: -> the panel - head teachers (3) + some faculty (2, including our good friend, Grace Cruz)
-> 15-20 Accounting Mgt. students *just imagine we're teaching them nursing stuffs! hell yeah!* XD


PM went first (alphabetical daw). He was anxious + *nosebleed* mode because he was teaching a nursing topic (pedia) in technical terms. The students were quiet and its like they where confused because the topic was really foreign to them. D:

I went next. While I prep for my things, Marlon, one of the nursing faculty & *the only person who asked us questions in the whole demo* requested me to make our discussion in taglish *tagalog-english* way. It was a relief! haha XD So I went on.... hehe :)

My lesson was about Personality & its three basic structures: Id, Ego, & Super Ego. In short.... PSYCH. Yup, that's my favorite topic since all of us can really relate to it.
tho I prepared some visuals abt NPR (Nurse-Patient Relationship) but I was not able to discuss it! The panel were in haste... dang~ I paid for the materials! and my effort on writing+coloring was put into waste~! Boo~!!! D:

Ok. I thought that PG would be the next one. But I was followed by an woman (probably in her 50's). Her subject: Management. *She taught the perfect class!!!* haha

While she's doing her accounting lesson, I asked my boy friends how was my performance. PG was safe saying "ok naman..." with a nod. PM was frank, "ok siya, Rhea, pero there's something w/ it na nakaka-pressure..."

Pressure..? hmm... maybe the way I deliver my lesson... but anyways! Somehow my students was able to cope-up with my lesson. XD

Then it was PG's turn. His lesson was also Psych but a different one: Eating Disorders. tho the students enjoyed it because they somehow relate it it... the fad of being thin~ haha XD


(PG, teaching abt eating disorders)

Then the teaching demo ended around noon. Our stomach's growling like hell! haha
Together w/ the faculty (Grace & Marlon), we ate together in a near-by karinderya. Wow! two (2) ulam + rice + 12 oz softdrinks + soup for only Php30.00! Now that's what I'm talking abt! haha SULIT! :D

While eating, we discussed some of our experiences, our thoughts, ideas, and alike in relation with being a 'nursing faculty'. Marlon told us that if we're hired, automatically we're the pioneers of Infotech's Nursing Faculty.... wtf?! for real!?

Now I'm thinking... this was not part of the plan... MY PLAN.

My original Plan is: at present to have a job that has a good compensation... then leave the company if I have enough money earned... soon be a successful nurse, working in a hospital, specializing in Emergency or in OBGYN, or even in PSYCH...

but not a fresh graduate&board passer who'll be included and a faculty of an institution!

argh~ Now this is my dilemma.

What if I got accepted and to be a full-time faculty? How will I able to take care of the other things like my exams on different hospitals for training? Apply for work in hospitals, if there's an opening? or my IV Training? :(

one thing is for sure... I'm not yet HIRED.
I'll have to solve that prob if I'm already a lecturer.... teacher.

--

P.S. "sensei" means 'teacher' or 'doctor' in nihonggo/japanese


P.P.S. after lunch, we were called for a 2nd interview... it went well. Tho, I was frank in answering the questions *wrong move! argh!* We are scheduled for a last interview this Oct. 7, Tuesday 3pm.... Wish us LUCK~

*aja!*

1 comment:

Rhea said...

goshness sorry for making this entry a long one...!
promise i'll sum it up short~!

read on, guys! :P