Thursday, October 16, 2008

Cosplay Mania 2008


October 12, 2008 (Sunday), the most awaited Cosplay event was held in Megatrade Hall 3 in SM Megamall in Ortigas.

I arrived quite late, around 2:30pm, because of family matters. Thank God Ada arrived there early and bought me tickets worth Php100 before it runs out (we'll never know). I said to her to enjoy the crowd but as a first timer, it was not a good environment w/ all the clueless-ness.



Anyways, I was shocked when I arrived because I saw a lot of people... as in A LOT were outside the venue. I was wondering why on earth will they go tambay outside if they can enter naman...

My bad. We're about to enter the Megatrade Hall, it was full of people... too much crowd... as if I'm in Divisoria.
Ada & I strolled around the Hall to took some pics... and discovered that the venue itself is TOO SMALL... Then, the stage was placed in the corner of the hall... other booths took alot of space (na hindi naman nagamit) but it was ok.

There was also a Cosplay Workshop but you will have to pay a Php50.00 to be able to enter. WHAT? nah... we just went somewhere else inside the hall to see if there are familiar faces.
Then after a few minutes, I saw kuya Chris, still thin & a proud Atenista wearing a white & blue jacket. Just had a lil' kamustahan and went off strolling around again... then I accidentally met kuya JM while on the crowd and there we did some of our kamustahan as well and asked abt ate Xandra... but didn't find her there. D:

So we continue to discover the whole hall (& outside) and did some picture-taking sessions (esp. w/ cosplayers!) haha! so fun! :)














































I was abt to ask these cosplayers if I could take a pic w/ them... then, I just realized... waii~ ate Dycee herself! haha *hugs* She's cosplaying Genji from Getbackers. :D

I also experienced a quick reunion w/ a good friend of mine/co-league, Paul, who's in a cosplay group but not sure of his character... gah~ i'm not-so-up-to-date w/ the latest! gah! haha

anyways... for more pictures... you can see it in the ff:
-> my album 1
-> my album 2

-> ada's album part 1
-> ada's album part 2


well... that's all for now... :)

No comments: